|If you are looking for a tool to help you control your body weight, improve your percent body fat content, increase your fitness, control Type 2 Diabetes, or increasing your nutrient intake per calorie eaten, you will require software that is considerably more sophisticated than your typical "calorie counter" smart phone application. Indeed, to accomplish your goals, you'll likely require software that is considerably more sophisticated than virtually anything available on the market today. Unless you have a very specialized application (due to a particular special need or medical challenge), you're probably looking for a general-purpose program that can handle a wide variety of dietary and fitness needs. We are confident that no product in existence comes close to the power and flexibility of NutriBase nutrition software. Consider:
1. NutriBase (Personal Plus and higher) provides the NBFTE (Next Best Food To Eat) function. NutriBase will analyze the nutrients in everything you've eaten so far today, compare it to your vitamin and mineral goals (based on the DRI for your age and gender), then tell you the next best food to eat (NBFTE). No other package at any price can do this for you.
2. NutriBase provides nutrient data for 6,000+ different menu items from national restaurants.
3. NutriBase provides nutrient data for thousands of foods with over 1,200 different brand names.
4. NutriBase has sold over three million nutritional information books. The NutriBase Series of books is based on the NutriBase nutrient database and are published by Avery, a member of Penguin Putnam, Inc. They are the most comprehensive nutrient information books on the market today. As the top-selling series of nutritional information books in the world, NutriBase data has earned a high degree of validation for its nutrient database.
5. The NutriBase Meal Plan capability saves time and money. A Meal Plan is a collection of up to 168 meals and snacks (six meals a day for 4 weeks). Use Meal Plans to serve a large number of clients with a wide variety of needs. Create Meal Plans that suit a particular need, then use them - with slight modifications to serve a broad range of clients. For instance, you could create a set of several basic Meal Plans (weight-loss, body-building, low sodium, diabetic, etc.). Print them out with a one-page listing for each day of the plan. (This serves as a convenient "road map" that your client can carry with her throughout the day.) This Meal Plan Summary lists all the foods your client should eat, along with the portion sizes. All foods are organized by meals and snacks... in checklist format. If you prefer, you can export a four-week Meal Plan to a single compact file, then provide them to your clients who are using a low-end edition of NutriBase. Record Meal Plans as Food Logs for your clients (just select the Meal Plan you are prescribing, select the client, and select the starting date - NutriBase fills in the complete intake for that client for the next 4 weeks). Take an existing Meal Plan and edit it. Copy portions of one Meal Plan to a day (or days) of the same or different Meal Plan. Export the Meal Plan to a compact file. Share them or trade them with friends. Modify them to suit you needs.
6. Export recipes, Meals, and Meal Plans to a compact file that you can share with users of any edition of NutriBase. Every recipe contains all the Personal Food Items (PFI's - food items the user added to their database) and any recipes-within-a-recipe that they used. All Meals contain all recipes used in them. And all Meal Plans contain all the PFI, recipes, recipes-within-recipes, and Meals used in the Meal Plan. All these components will appear in their proper locations in the recipient's copy of NutriBase when they import your recipe, Meal, or Meal Plan.
7. Only NutriBase supports the Nutrient Density View. The Nutrient Density View lets you display the nutrient values for say, 100 kcal "servings" of all fresh fruit in a spreadsheet view. You can also compare, say "100 gram" "servings of any food group if desired. This gives you an "apples-to-apples" comparison for all nutrients for hundreds or even thousands of fruits at once. This way, you compare the nutrient content of 100 calories of watermelon to 100 calories of strawberry rather than comparing one watermelon to one strawberry. The Nutrient Density View lets you easily see which foods provide the most nutrition per calorie. But that's not all. You can click the column header while viewing your data to rank all foods based on that the nutrient values in that column. Click again to reverse the sort sequence.
8. can install and use NutriBase on more than one computer without paying for additional copies. If money were no object, you could purchase a few copies of competing products and install the software onto a few, but then you'd still have a major problem: you'd have no convenient way to move the data from one computer to the other. The NutriBase End User License allows you to install NutriBase to up to three computers so long as you are the only user. It also provides an integrated Backup and Restore function that allows you move the data conveniently from one computer to another.
9. Export recipes, Meals, and Meal Plans to a compact file that you can share with users of any edition of NutriBase. Every recipe contains all the Personal Food Items (PFI's - food items the user added to their database) and any recipes-within-a-recipe that they used. All Meals contain all recipes used in them. And all Meal Plans contain all the PFI, recipes, recipes-within-recipes, and Meals used in the Meal Plan. All these components will appear in their proper locations in the recipient's copy of NutriBase when they import your recipe, Meal, or Meal Plan.
10. NutriBase provides a user-customizable Quick Access Toolbar. NutriBase allows you to customize your Quick Access Bar for the way you like to work. Display the functions you use the most to suit the way you use the software. Remove the icons you rarely use (you can still access all NutriBase functions via the function tabs at the top of the screen).
11. NutriBase provides the ability to track food intake calories and calorie expenditures separately. Most nutrition and fitness software packages allow you to record a client's daily calorie intake and expenditures by asking you to estimate the client's "Activity Level." Based on your estimates of the client's activity level, the software estimates calorie expenditures for that client. NutriBase supports this method, as does its competitors. But NutriBase provides another way of recording your client's daily nutrition and fitness. It's called the 24-hour Activity Intake. When you select this option, NutriBase asks you to record a 24-hour activity intake for the client. Since NutriBase also tracks your client's food intake, you have two important numbers at the end of the day: the number of calories burned and the number of calories taken in. By comparing these two numbers, you come up with a deficit or a surplus of calories for that day. And from this information, NutriBase will forecast near-future body weights based on today's behavior.
12. Quality of the Nutritional Information. Two of our closest competitors - both of which cost over $595) use full-page, four-color advertisements to let you know that they provide the world's most comprehensive and highest quality nutrient database. Here are five things to consider: One, they can't both be right. Two, they could both be wrong. Three, NutriBase tracks more food items than either company. Four, NutriBase tracks more nutrient variables than either company. And five, NutriBase is the only high-end nutrition software package whose data has been published in three million top-selling series of nutritional information books.
13. NutriBase makes it easy and convenient to move your work (client information, recipes, meals, meal plans, etc.) from computer-to-computer. With just a few mouse-clicks, you can move your NutriBase information back and forth between your desktop and your notebook PC or between your work and home PC's conveniently, quickly, and safely. Easily transfer all of your NutriBase data (client records, recipes, Meal Plans, Food Logs, personal information, client notes, shopping lists - everything) between two computers. To backup your data to a USB Drive (or other media), click the Backup function and select the backup destination. To restore your data to your desktop or notebook PC, just click the Restore function. That's all there is to it. NutriBase even lets you schedule your backups so that you never lose any of your important information.
14. NutriBase gives you tremendous control over the presentation of your nutrient data. Astonishing as it may seem, most competing products only let users view the nutrient data from their nutrient database for one food item at a time. Looking at nutrient data for one food item at a time is like trying to see what's in a gigantic database by peering through a tiny pinhole. Yet this is exactly how you are forced to view the nutrient data in most nutrition software products. NutriBase gives you the ability to view nutrient data in a spreadsheet view to see the data for many food items at the same time. (The "spreadsheet view" is a tabular format of columns and rows.) You can drag-and-drop column headers to resequence the columns. Drag the right edge of any column header to resize the column width (NutriBase remembers the new settings for you). Double-click any food item to see all the nutrient data for that one item in a single-screen view. Mark a block of data on the screen and save it to a file or print it. These features are not found in any other nutrition software package at any price.
15. NutriBase facilitates the creation of recipes. A "recipe" is a combination of food items and other recipes. For instance, a recipe could consist of water, seasonings, meat, vegetables and another recipe (like your "Low Sodium, Low-Fat Soup Stock"). You can add recipes as a recipe (one entry) or as a listing of the added recipe's ingredients. You can scale your recipes to feed more (say, 500 people) or fewer people. You can Recipes serve as building blocks for Meals. By the way, NutriBase includes 600+ ready-to-use recipes for a variety of special needs, including Vegan, vegetarian, diabetic, healthy heart, hypertension, balanced weight loss, low carb weight loss, 40-30-30 weight loss, pre-competition body building, body building maintenance, and high-protein body building.
16. NutriBase facilitates the creation of Meals. A meal is a combination of food items and recipes. For instance, a Meal could consist of a beverage, a vegetable, a fruit, and a recipe (like "Chicken Fajita Pocket Pita Sandwich"). Organize similar Meals at different calorie levels into a Meal Folder. (Meal Folders can organize meals into categories like "Weigh-Loss Meals," Heart Recovery Meals," "Body Building Meals," Vegetarian Meals," etc.) Meals serve as the building blocks for Meal Plans. Once you have a suitable number of Meals created, you can mix and match them to create Meal Plans ("Cycle Menus").
17. The NutriBase Meal Plan capability saves time and money. A Meal Plan is a collection of up to 168 meals and snacks (six meals a day for 4 weeks). Use Meal Plans to serve a large number of clients with a wide variety of needs. Create Meal Plans that suit a particular need, then use them - with slight modifications to serve a broad range of clients. For instance, you could create a set of several basic Meal Plans (weight-loss, body-building, low sodium, diabetic, etc.). Print them out with a one-page listing for each day of the plan. (This serves as a convenient "road map" that your client can carry with her throughout the day.) This Meal Plan Summary lists all the foods your client should eat, along with the portion sizes. All foods are organized by meals and snacks... in checklist format. If you prefer, you can export a four-week Meal Plan to a single compact file, then provide them to your clients who are using a low-end edition of NutriBase. Record Meal Plans as Food Logs for your clients (just select the Meal Plan you are prescribing, select the client, and select the starting date - NutriBase fills in the complete intake for that client for the next 4 weeks). Take an existing Meal Plan and edit it. Copy portions of one Meal Plan to a day (or days) of the same or different Meal Plan. Export the Meal Plan to a compact file. Share them or trade them with friends. Modify them to suit you needs.
18. You can organize your recipes, personal food items, Meals, and Clients into tabbed notebooks. Add, delete, and rename tabs. Move items from tab-to-tab. Each tabbed notebook resides in a "folder." You can create up to 26 Recipe Folders, 26 PFI Folders, 26 Meal Folders, and 26 Client Folders. You can move items not only from tab-to-tab, but from folder-to-folder. Use NutriBase tabbed notebooks and folders to organize your information your way. And if you'd like to automatically email your PFI's to CyberSoft for consideration for addition to future updates to our nutrient database, you can do so with the click of a button.
19. NutriBase facilitates deep nutrient analysis for Food Logs, recipes, Meals, and Meal Plans. The NutriBase Analysis function automatically generates professional, pre-formatted 20. NutriBase provides the most powerful and flexible database Ranking capability. A ranking is a method of sorting your data from high-to-low (or from low-to-high) based on its values for any nutrient or variable. Select a nutrient or variable. Select whether you wish to sort the food items from high-to-low or from high-to-low based on their value for the selected nutrient or variable. NutriBase lets you rank any food category, any combination of food categories, or the entire database. You can also sort columns of data on-screen. Click the column header for the nutrient you want to sort... NutriBase ranks all the foods in your list from high-to-low based on the food's values for that nutrient. Click the header again to reverse the sequence.
21. Only NutriBase provides full support for Target Heart Rate Training. Calculate exercise calorie expenditures for your clients based on in-zone training time (as well as gender, age, and body weight) Heart rate is the best indicator of exertion - NutriBase let's you use it in your calculations.
22. NutriBase provides support for indirect calorimeters. If you use a portable indirect calorimeter or similar device for obtaining your resting metabolic rate, you can enter RMR directly into NutriBase. NutriBase also accepts calorie expenditure inputs from programmable workout equipment. This feature lets you take the calories (and other information) provided by monitored exercise machines (like programmable treadmills or heart rate monitors) and enter in the results. Now, if your treadmill changes inclination and/or speed over the duration of the exercise, you can still enter a good estimate of calories burned. NutriBase lets you calculate calories expenditure calculations using the Harris-Benedict formula, the Mifflin St. Jeor formula, or the AEA charts for children under 18. You can modify these formulas as required (but you'll probably leave them as is unless you are a dietitian).
23. Query the database. The NutriBase Query function lets you locate the food items that meet your exacting criteria. You may specify the upper (or lower limits) for as many (or as few) nutrients as you wish. The NutriBase query locates all the foods that meet all your criteria. For instance, you can locate all the foods that have at least 2 grams of Protein, no more than 360 mg of Sodium, no more than 30% of its calories from Fat, no more than 2 grams of Saturated Fat, at least 10 IU's of Vitamin E, and so on. You can specify as many or as few nutrients as you wish. You can even specify every nutrient in the database if you wish. When you've defined all your search criteria, click the Search Button and NutriBase will display all the food items that meet your criteria. "Mine" your nutrient data for the foods that fit perfectly into the recipes and Meal Plans you create and recommend for your clients.
24. NutriBase displays the total calories and the "PCFA Ratio" for every recipe, intake, and Meal Plan. A "PCFA ratio" (Protein-Carbohydrate-Fat-Alcohol Ratio) of 15-55-30-0 means that 15% of calories from the recipe, intake, or Meal Plan comes from Protein, 55% from Carbohydrates, and 30% from Fat. If you know the calorie level and the PCFA ratio for a diet, you probably already know the two most important things about that diet. If you prefer, you can tell NutriBase to display the CPFA Ratio instead (just click this option in the user preferences section).
25. NutriBase lets you track nutrients that it doesn't already track. NutriBase personal editions track from 11 to 88 nutrients. But you can add up to 20 additional nutrients that aren't already tracked in the software. If you have the data, NutriBase can track it for you!
26. Share recipes, Meals, and Meal Plans via flash drive, as an email attachment, or as an Internet download/upload. NutriBase lets you export and import recipes and meal plans. All exported recipes and Meal Plans are compatible across all editions of NutriBase. This means you can create a Meal Plan or recipe in any edition of NutriBase and share it with users of the other editions of NutriBase (and vice versa). Each version of NutriBase will show you the nutrients featured in that edition.
27. NutriBase provides detailed nutrient information for enteral and parenteral products. These "medical nutritionals" are the tube feed and nutritional injection products used in hospitals and other care facilities. This information helps you compare the various mainstream products and educate the people involved in their use. It also simplifies the integration of these medical nutritionals into your Meal Plans for your special needs. We've included the product lines from all the major providers of these products, including B. Braun/McGaw, Mead Johnson Nutritionals, Nestlé Clinical Nutrition, Novartis (Sandoz), R&D Laboratories and Ross. NutriBase includes information for medical nutritionals for Carbohydrate and Protein Supplements, Critical Care/Healing Support, Diabetes/Glucose Intolerance, Elemental Diet, Gastro-Intestinal Support, Hepatic Support, Intact Protein Diet, Vitamin and Mineral Supplements, Parenteral Products (Nutrient Injections), Pediatric, Pulmonary Support, and Renal Support.
28. NutriBase provides two special food categories: "Vitamin and Mineral Supplements" and "Sports and Diet Nutritionals." The first category provides detailed8information for the major off-the-shelf vitamin and mineral supplements. The Sports and Diet Nutritionals category includes nutrient data for 600+ food items that include exercise recovery drinks, power bars, body building shakes and formulas, and liquid meals.
29. Save inputting time by auto-recording a pre-determined list of foods that you want to automatically record each time you record any food item for a client. This way, each time you record an intake for a new day for a particular client, NutriBase will automatically record the foods you specified for that client. You can define an auto-record list for every client if you wish.
30. NutriBase is a solid value. Even if you disregard the clear superiority of NutriBase, you'll see that NutriBase is still the best value in nutrition software. With NutriBase, there are no on-going annual fees for continued product support. CyberSoft provides free telephone support for NutriBase that never expires. NutriBase also provides downloads for free updates to the current version. NutriBase upgrades are available at significant discount and they aren't mandatory.
31. NutriBase provides the nutrition software industry's best product support. We provide free phone support in case you have questions. We provide free phone support in perpetuity. Our tech support people can answer any question you can ask them about NutriBase quickly and concisely. We provide email support seven days a week for you to use any time to ask us anything you want to about NutriBase. We include a 250-page User's Manual with step-by-step instructions for every capability of the software. Each window in NutriBase offers a Help Button that gives you context-sensitive help for the screen you are working in. And we provide over 50 illustrated on-line "How To" Topics on our < href=http://nutribase.com/howto.html>Help Page.
32. Today's Dietitian Magazine says: "NutriBase is a dream come true... The program is detail oriented and offers almost unlimited capacity for customization... other programs can't compare... it does just about everything a dietitian could want."
33. Jordan Gold's ninth and latest book, "Get Fit with Technology: How to Lose Weight Using Your PC," provides information regarding over 30 nutrition software products. This book says "NutriBase is much more powerful than competing products, with more reports, options, and bells and whistles than its competition... NutriBase is nutrition software on steroids."
34. And last - but not least - we have 40,000+ users and have been developing NutriBase since 1986..
We could go on, but we think we've made our point. :-)